And right away I must rant!
Good lord, this POSTADAY business! I must have been off my head! I have another blog in which I’m posting poetry (please check it out in the links) and after TWELVE DAYS, I’m absolutely exhausted!
It started off well enough, fueled, no doubt, by the same excessive energy ALL postaday-ers have when they first sign up.
1. I write, have always wanted to write more.
2. I’m envious of others and love a good book.
3. I’m not afraid to be published and I want to be famous.
4. Surely I can manage a postaday
5. I’ll use it to spur me onto greater things.
Well, I tell ya, less than two weeks in and I’m hurting!
It goes something like this;
1. Ooooo, this wordpress is excellent! What lovely themes! So many people in here! Right…blog title…hm…
2. There’s a lot of thingy-ma-blobs init. Customize, customize, widget in, widget out, ok, preview, nope, edit, re-edit, nope, re-size, re-frame, re-think, ok…publish.
3. Yey! My first post!
4. Oh look, they’ve got this postaday thingy. Sign up!
5. Oh fantastic, they send topics and everything! But I already know what I’m doing so I’m just going to ignore it and post what I want, I don’t want to feel cramped.
6. There’s so much on here, so many people! Read, read, read, comment, comment, comment.
7. Site Stats? What are those? Oh, I see. Gawd, only two visits.
8. There’s so much on here, so many people! Read, read, read, haha, comment, comment, comment, publish!
9. I’m so pumped! I wonder if I should just go ahead and post another one today?
10. Glad I didn’t, I’m feeling so discliplined. So third day. Been spending alot of time on here haven’t I? I’ll do the bills tomorrow.
12. There’s alot of people on here.
13. Some of them are really good.
14. Day five. Sheesh, I’m tired. Oh I know, I’ll check my stats! Oh! Look at that! Twenty five visits! They need me!
15. Day seven. They need me, I musn’t let them down. What am I going to write now. Oh dear, my head hurts.
16. Day eight. OK. STOP. THIS WON’T WORK. I CAN’T BE CREATIVE EVERYDAY! SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU! JEEZ!
17. Realisation. Why AM i doing this actually? Whoa. I was doing it for me. Don’t have to be ‘creative’ everyday, don’t have to be the best, look, *&#@.wordpress.com’s having the same problems, so’s #@$.wordpress.com
18. But I have a theme, best to stick to it. I’m freer that way.
19. Day ten. ARGH! I FEEL SO CRAMPED!
20. Day eleven. Hmm. Those topics do kinda look interesting heh?
“…What have I never told anyone else?…’
AK! Concentrate! That won’t fit into your theme!
21. Day twelve. My brain’s froze. Nope, won’t go any further. Can’t flog a dead horse. Who said poetry’s easy anyway? Each word takes like an hour! And then the word after! And then the word before! I’ll try haiku! Eeeeks! That’s harder! Each word takes a day!
22. Start a new blog.
Take your time. Breath. You’re not a writer otherwise you’d have a book and be sipping champagne off a Central Park Apartment Balcony, having a meeting with your Agent.
Why did you start this blog anyway, if you’re not having fun now?
Why aren’t you having fun? What pressure? WHO’S pressure. Not everything you put down has to be important. Hell, whoever said ANYTHING you put down is important in the first place? You did? Now why did you do that?
Oh, but you are enjoying reading all the stuff that people are writing? What? Not just poetry?
And you DO appreciate the comments?
And you WOULD like to make it through the year?
I thought you said it was because…oh I see. Now you’ve changed your mind.
Because you said you’d do it, and you don’t want to fail.
Because you can see that you’re learning already.
Don’t cry. Because you can see that you’re not a superstar?
Honey, you’re my superstar. Come on, pull it together, clean up, of course there’s people better than you. There’s people worse than you. There’s people just like you. And what’s ‘better & worse’ anyway? There you go. Dust yourself off, stop rolling around in the muck.
Keep your first blog, you were enjoying it. Start a second and join in with the postaday topics. You’ll get bored of them too sometime, inevitably.
What, you’re proud that you’ve made it TWO weeks?
I am too.
Let’s make it two more.
-visit my poetry blog – http://kolembo.wordpress.com/ –
♦photos – 123rf.com♦