I direct you firmly, and post-haste, to ‘I’m 26, honest!’
So, are we clear? Well then…
…I find that;
1. I can’t run everyday. Hell, I can’t run every week. Hell, I can’t run.
2. It takes half an hour to wake up.
3. It takes days to get over a hang over.
4. I don’t like hanging around. I can’t distract myself so easily anymore.
5. I like my fluffy bunny slippers.
6. I cramp while ‘romping” in bed. It has to be plain reverse missionary, no frills.
7. I enjoy ‘Keeping up Appearances’ on BBC.
8. I hog dance-floors.
9. They call St. Johns more often.
10. I watch the news.
All of the above strike me not so much as rolling down the hill as, absolutely plummeting.
Crumbs, whowzer, jimney-cricket (ya…I know…), groovy, bad and heavy, are terms I grew up with.
So. What get’s better with age? People ask me if I’m feeling O.K.
What gets worse? They ask all the time.
-visit my poetry blog – Tomatos, Oranges and Other Fruit–
♦picture – 123rf.com♦