– Romans 5:6-8 –
“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”
“Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.”
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Today I have a tough choice to make.
I am choosing the one which – having made, I feel I can face the consequences honestly and with faith.
Both seem alright.
Only one carries the weight of God – the understanding that this way is the way to cleanness – the only way I can go and say;
“See? Here I am. You know everything. I am standing here. Cover me with your favor. Direct my choice with Love and with Power. Award me with Truth that comes from you – I can bear your Truth, your Will. Thank you.”
– Romans 5:21-22 –
Law was introduced in order to increase wrongdoing; but where sin increased, God’s grace increased much more.
So then, just as sin ruled by means of death, so also God’s grace rules by means of righteousness, leading us to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
– Romans 6:12-14 –
– Sin must no longer rule in your mortal bodies, so that you obey the desires of your natural self.
Nor must you surrender any part of yourselves to sin to be used for wicked purposes. Instead, give yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life, and surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes.
Sin must not be your master; for you do not live under law but under God’s grace.
Remember this: if you are homosexual – and have been to the Cross with it, the problem is not homosexuality – it is sin.
This is sin:
every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity, envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice, gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; inventors of ways of doing evil, disobedient to their parents, with no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy…..
– Romans 7:6 –
Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.
And this is the Law:
– Love the Lord your God with all you heart mind and Soul – and your neighbor as yourself.
– Forgive seventy times seven.
– Honor the Ten Commandments.
And this is the Spirit:
– Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
– It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
– Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
– It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
– We love because he first loved us.
– And if I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
– And if I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
– If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
– So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature, a slave to the law of sin.
– The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through Love – Galatians 5:6
– Who is he that condemns?
– Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
– Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
– Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
– No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
– For I am convinced that neither death not life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height not depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God?
Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’
Whatever else people say – you must stand before Jesus, not them.
You will stand and be judged before God, all your life and your inmost thoughts, all your repentance and your faith, all your deeds and your Sacrifices.
Get there happy and free and honest, having done your best.
Get there in Faith that Jesus in your life, was enough.
I found acceptance at the cross – imagine?
Same homosexuality that almost killed me, brought me broken and dead to Jesus.
Jesus said – go. Go now. You know. Be honest. Have that boyfriend. Bring him and yourself to me, every morning and every night. Don’t you worry about that. That is mine. Enjoy yourselves. Be good. Be mine.
I have adopted you and you are mine. You know what you have to do.
Go and do it.
Don’t come home unhappy.
I love you.